As PUBG players improve their season 3 ratings, there has been a lot of complaints about both the maps, Erangel and Miramar, being too huge. This not only leads to longer games but also several stretches of waiting around for the enemies to show up and for all the action to begin.
This forced the game developers at Tencent to move away from the traditional 8x8 KM maps to a smaller 4x4 KM jungle map called 'Sanhok'.
Watch the game's latest trailer below:
Here is the entire changelog of the PUBG Mobile 0.8.0 patch notes:
New weapons and vehicles:
Flare Gun: a rare item that calls a super air drop if used within the Playzone, and a Bulletproof UAZ if used outside the Playzone.
- QBZ: an automatic rifle that fires 5.56mm rounds. Has both single shot and full-auto.
- Duckbill: an attachment for shotguns. Reduces vertical spread and increases horizontal spread.
- Muscle Car: 4 seats, and has both a hard-top and a convertible version.
- Bulletproof UAZ: 4 seats. Obtained from using the Flare Gun outside the Playzone.
Customisable Pick-up Settings
- Pick-up quantities can now be specified in settings.
- Added more achievements. Now can be found under Missions.
- Clan Perks: after getting specific items (through purchase or luck), the system will award a certain amount of UC for players to share it with other Clan members.
- New Clan titles can be equipped after purchase.
- Clan Rankings: now lists the most active Clans this week and this season.
- Improved recognition of cheating plug-ins.
- Added Report buttons to Spectator Mode, Basic Information and Results.
Dismantling Time-Limited Items
- Time-Limited items can now be dismantled to BP directly.
- Added a Collect All button to collect rewards of all completed missions.
- Added new mission types to make progression more fun.
Lucky Air Drops
- Chance to get a mystery drop after a match. Contents are customised!
- Season page now shows all seasons played and relevant data such as season titles, the highest tier reached and more.
- Friends can now be deleted in batches.
- 3D models added to vehicle and airplane finish previews in the shop.
- Animation on the Season page has been optimized for certain device models.
- Accidental friendly fire will not be penalized.
- Chat system has been tuned.
- Items contains in air drops have been tuned.