Turkey, chicken, pork and duck all in one. Beat that!
Time: 5 hours
Serves 6 people
Make The Creature
• 1 tbs each Sage and Rosemary, chopped
• 25 Sage leaves
• 1 bunch Parsley
• 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
• 1 cup Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• A 5-kg Turkey, open-faced
• 1 kg Turkey sausage
• 1 kg Prosciutto or bacon, sliced thin
• 2 kg Chicken, open-faced
• 1 kg Chicken sausage
• 250 gm Smoked duck breast
• 1 kg uncooked Bratwurst
• 2 kg Pancetta or ham, sliced thin
• 5 Garlic cloves
• Carrots, celery and onion
1. Combine rosemary, sage and parsley in a blender. Add the garlic and blend with olive oil until smooth.
2. Open turkey cavity and add salt and pepper inside. Brush in herb-garlic mixture.
3. Spread turkey sausage inside to form a thin layer, then cover the entire area with layers of prosciutto or bacon.
4. Place the chicken inside the turkey and brush it with the herb-garlic mixture.
5. Spread chicken sausage on top in a layer, then cover the area with more prosciutto.
6. Cover duck breast with a layer of the bratwurst, then place it on top of chicken.
7. Carefully begin to close the turkey by pulling each side up, basically making the bird whole again. Then tie it shut with kitchen twine, almost as if you’re sewing.
8. Wrap with pancetta and put in a large roasting pan with peeled garlic cloves and chopped carrots, celery and onion.
9. Roast and grill your porturken at 350°F or 170ºC until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F or 70ºC (about four hours covered). Let it rest for about 20 min, then slice into the meat monster!
Super Side-Grilled Peaches
• 3 peaches
• 2 cups Baby arugula
• 2 Red chillies, diced
• ¼ cup White wine vinegar
• 2 tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 Lemon
• Salt and pepper
• 1 Onion, finely diced
1. Cut the peaches in half, remove pits and brush peaches lightly with oil and salt. Lay them flat sides down on the grill at medium heat for three to five minutes. Flip the peaches over and grill for another minute.
2. Make a hot sauce (the “drizzle”) by using the onion, chillies, lemon juice, and vinegar.
3. For the salad, dress arugula with salt, pepper and oil.
4. Take peaches off the grill and lay in a bed of arugula. Drizzle the hot sauce generously inside the peach cavities.