Here's classy meal to impress the ladies with.
Time 14 hours
Serves 8–10 people
Grill The Meat
• 3–5 kg Mutton rump or Beef brisket
• 2 cups Spice rub (1 part coarse black pepper, 1 part salt, ¼ part red pepper)
1. Preheat a smoker filled with dry wood to 225°F or 110°C.
2. Coat the brisket or the meat with the rub.
3. Let the meat sit at room temperature until the rub “sweats,” about an hour.
4. Place the brisket fat-side down and let it smoke for 12 hours. After letting it rest for one hour, slice against the grain and enjoy!
Super Side-Smoked Cabbage
• 1 head Green cabbage
• 1 tbs Salt
• 1 tsp Freshly-ground black pepper
• 1 tsp Garlic powder
• 1 tsp Onion powder
• ½ cup Butter
1. Using a sharp knife, core the cabbage, carving out the tough white bottom. Rinse the cored cabbage and pull off any wilted leaves. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder into the hollowed centre. Place butter inside the centre, where the core was removed, and over the spices you just sprinkled.
2. Wrap the head of cabbage in aluminium foil so the core end is up. Using more foil, form a base so the cabbage remains upright. Place the wrapped cabbage on
the smoker. Cover and smoke for four to six hours, until the cabbage is soft. Unwrap and discard any blackened leaves. Cut the cabbage into quarters and serve alongside the smoked meat.
Grilled Romaine Salad
• Romaine lettuce hearts
• Red onions
• Hot sauce or BBQ sauce
• Garlic, minced
• Black pepper and salt
• Parmesan cheese
• Seasoned sliced almonds
• Blue cheese or ranch dressing
1. Cut lettuce hearts in half, slice onions.
2. Mix mayo, hot sauce, garlic, pepper and salt. Spread on cut side of the romaine lettuce.
3. Toss on lots of parmesan cheese and almond slices.
4. Place the romaine and the onions directly over the coals.
5. Turn to make grill marks and jazz it up.
6. Move the veggies to cool side of grill.
7. Remove, add blue cheese or dressing, and serve with bread.